Murray Financial, Inc
13603 Gladwyn Ct
Chantilly, VA 20151
"Own Everything" via a well-diversified investment portfolio consisting of low-cost, index based funds with low trading costs, and rebalance as warranted.
Murray Financial, Inc. (MFI), led by Timothy T Murray, CFP, is an independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) and financial planning firm that provides hourly and fee-based advice. We are not paid commissions for investment advice. Our goal is to develop and implement strategies that help you reach your major financial goals and, as a result, provide financial peace of mind.
How RIAs Differ from Brokers:
All MFI clients are provided with an Investment Policy Statement which describes how investment accounts will be allocated. We analyze your finances, provide ongoing expert guidance on changes needed, and implement quarterly rebalancing recommendations to ensure that your investment plan remains on target.
Six Principles and Practices:
1. Faith – that the United States, and in totality, world economies will continue to grow and outpace inflation as they always have – long term.
2. Patience – in our approach and management of long term investments. We use time-tested investment strategies proven to work.
3. Discipline – to consistently adhere to and fully embrace the current investment plan, regardless of market conditions. We will take action based on a set plan as opposed to a reaction to market movements or news.
1. Asset allocation – establishes a stock to bond/cash ratio that is appropriate for the investor’s circumstances and helps reduce the likelihood of panic selling at a market low and/or euphoric buying at market highs.
2. Diversification – spreads risk among numerous asset classes so that a single category or security’s decline will not, in a significant way, adversely affect the long-term performance of the portfolio.
3. Rebalancing – takes advantage of market volatility by selling categories that have outperformed others (selling high) and uses those proceeds to purchase categories that have underperformed (buying low).
Follow this link for archives of MFI Newsletters: ==>>> MFI Newsletter Link
Check out one of our great newsletters or articles!
Tim's Note: Unlike Murray Financial, the vast majority in the financial services industry are not required to put their client's best interest ahead of their own or their brokerage/investment company's interests (i.e. do not have a fiduciary duty). The Financial Planning Association (FPA) has sued - and won - requiring registered representatives/brokers who act as advisors be licensed as advisors.
Additionally, the SEC has been urged the FPA and other organizations to "implement a uniform fiduciary duty for broker-dealers and investment advisors where the standard is to act in the best interest of the investor," citing the negative impact on individuals, capital markets, society and the economy when advice is driven by an advisor's self-interest or their brokerage company's interest. When brokers are paid commissions it may result in conflict of interest to you, their client.
The good news is that this change will better protect financial investors. Murray Financial, as an RIA, has always had a fiduciary duty to put clients' interests first.
Not sure if your advisor is a broker or an RIA? You should know! Contact us today and we'll help you find out.
Email: TimMurray@MurrayFinancial.com or fill out our contact form (above) on this page.